Tuesday 7 December 2010

Crockery.....

Crockery should be mismatched. So much more fun.......

We break or lose or damage so much in a lifetime.....

In previous lifetimes too, ages before ours, others broke family porcelaine, wedding gifts or longed-for dinner sets and, feeling saddened that there were now less plates or cups or saucers or that the cutlery canteen was two knives short; the entire set was given away, sent to the charity shop or auctioned.

I rescue crockery and spoons and other things that take my fancy. Nothing perports to be anything other than pretty. I don't sell antiques, (though I might accidentally.) I don't sell collectors items, (though I might accidentally.) I just sell pretty, recued things; things that are good for gifts or things that are good .......for you.

Happy perusing. You are most welcome.

*Some items featured in the blog photographs may already be sold...... or owned by me.....

2 comments:

  1. I like to mismatch crockery too, and I also like your phrase.. "i write to freeze a moment", for that is what I think all bloggers do! We blog not just for others to read but as out own life chronicle too, its really interesting to read back in quiet times...

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne: How lovely to have a visitor here at English Misfits. Your kind comment has encouraged me to dust a bit and consider whether I might start to write again on this site. If you are interested I witter far more regularly (ish!!) at http://archers-at-the-larches.blogspot.co.uk/

      Thanks again.

      Lou

      Delete